21 Adam Kossowski, The History of the Old Kent Road, 1965
Owners: Everlasting Arms Ministries Church (formerly North Peckham Civic Centre)
Location: Old Kent Road, London
At 1000 square feet this is the largest secular work of the sculptor Adam Kossowski. The frieze, which depicts local historic scenes in high relief, was designed in 1964 and completed in 1965. Kossowski was Polish and is most noted for his works for the Catholic Church, including some very fine ceramic work in the chapel of St. Aloysius R. C. Church, Phoenix Road, Camden.
Photographs by Caroline Findlay.