C20 Society is looking for a part-time bookkeeper. 7-10 hours per month. Preferably with a good knowledge of Quick Books. The work could be done remotely, or from the office in Cowcross Street. £20-25 per hour.
The role of the ‘Book-keeper is to support the Director and volunteer Hon Treasurer, in delivering the Society’s finance activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Liaise with the society’s external payroll provider to ensure payroll is processed for the 25th of each month and set up payments in Barclays bank
• Set up the payment of supplier invoices and staff expenses twice monthly on 10th and 25th of the month, ensuring that the correct level of authorisation is obtained.
• Undertake monthly book-keeping and bank reconciliation using QuickBooks accounting software, including manual import of Sagepay/Opayo transactions and manual input of card machine income
• Raise customer invoices in Quickbooks on an ad-hoc basis and chase debtors
• Manage restricted income in Quickbooks and provide reporting where required,
• Prepare annual costing for Historic England grant and other grants where required, and provide bi-annual reporting on spend.
• Manage donations received via CAF, Charities Trust and BACS
• Payin cash/cheques to a local bank branch
• Support the volunteer Hon Treasurer with the production of the annual budget
• Support the volunteer Hon Treasurer with the production of the Quarterly management account
• Work with Volunteer Hon Treasurer and Independent Examiners to produce year end accounts – including balance sheet year end journals to produce a Trail Balance
• Coordinate completion of bank mandate forms by Directors/Trustees and inform bank of changes in Directors/Trustees
• Ad-hoc duties associated with finance
For more information and to apply, email email@example.com
Volunteers: We are always looking for volunteers to help with various projects from events to communications and more, so if you think you would like to support us please get in touch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV.
Please note we are unable to accept any applications for casework volunteering at the present time.