We are delighted that three fantastic mosaics by Eric Taylor on the side of the Merrion Centre building in Leeds have been saved and relocated to Leeds College of Art.
The mosaics have been moved to a very suitable home, as the artist Eric Taylor (1909-1990) was principal of Leeds College of Art between 1956 and 1970.
The design of the mosaics, commissioned by the owner to liven up the building, was completed in 1965. They are signed by the artist and illustrate the range of market goods on sale at the market at the time.
The new location, on the outside of the College of Art’s Blenheim Walk building, means the mosaics will remain on public display as they were intended to be.