Architect: William Bryce Binnie
Owners: Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Memorial to the Missing at Nieuport, where the 600-mile long Western Front reached the sea, is a small memorial designed by the Scots architect William Bryce Binnie, who was Deputy Director of Works of the IWGC. It was completed in 1928. The three flanking lions were by that great sculptor Charles Sergeant Jagger (1885-1934). Jagger’s model was also used for the lions which appear at the British Embassy in Washington D.C. designed by Edwin Lutyens.
Commonwealth War graves Commission
Either enter the name of a place or memorial or choose from the drop down list. The list groups memorials in London and then by country